Every bride’s dream is to look fabulous and elegant on her wedding day and jewelry adds the perfect dash of sparkle to a bride especially custom pieces that are specifically designed with the overall outfit in mind.
Your jewelry should match according to your cultural norms. Mehndi is a light but traditional function at the same time so you may want to wear some ethnic styled jewels. Its a good idea to carry a head piece as your hands need to be bare. For engagement, the focus should be the ring so try and keep the jewelry on the lighter side. Usually, Barat or Ruksati calls for heavy traditional jewelry, wear as much jewelry as you like but do not overdo it. Reception day is more relaxed, a diamond cut necklace and a cocktail ring looks stunning for such an occasion.
Following are a few important tips for all brides to be that should be considered while jewelry shopping.
- A set budget only for jewelry is always handy as you can plan better and buy much more in the same amount with careful planning.
- A very important point while selecting jewelry is that the neckline of bridal outfit should be according to the necklace silhouette. If you have already bought the necklace, buy the dress accordingly or vice versa.
- Invest into jewelry, which can be worn later rather than keeping them warped forever. Its a good idea to buy two necklace sets and layer them up, they can be worn separately after the wedding. Some times just the earrings, some times just the long necklace with different dresses can create different looks.
- Detachable jewelry is especially designed to be worn at multiple occasions with a different touch and it offers very good options as it has user-friendly mechanisms to detach and wear in multiple ways. Wedding necklaces can turn into beautiful pendants and small necklaces for all the other smaller occasions after your wedding.
- When shopping for earrings and head pieces like tikka, matha patti or jhumar, make sure they go with the hairstyle you are planning to do on your
- Revamping your mother’s jewelry is another idea for wedding jewelry. Mixing and matching old classics with modern pieces, will add emotional value to your jewellery on the most special day of your life and also creates a unique piece for you.
Planning is the key and it should be started as soon as the big date is finalized. Custom jewellery takes a minimum of a month or two to make, considering all the design, manufacturing and logistics processes. Therefore, if you want to get something manufactured especially for you, you need to plan ahead as early as possible.
Call us at +16477058654 for your jewelry consultation, also visit us online at AmericanDiamonds.ca